The Bachelor of computer Engineering focuses on the design and application of computer systems. The program integrates the study of computer science and electronic engineering.
The strong theoretical foundation with sufficient practical exposure prepares students to solve real-world problems, combining ideas from engineering and basic science with economics and sociology.
BE Computer is a four-year academic program consisting of eight semesters and170 credit hours. It gives knowledge and expertise in the latest technology .It incorporates intensive laboratory assignments that give significant experiences with state-of-the-art facilities and design.
The courses aim to:
- Provide in-depth study of hardware and software systems
- Impart knowledge to invent and deploy ideas for solving real-life problems.
- Train to analyze ,design and develop computer-based systems in different arenas of development
- Prepare students for research in recent technologies for future development.
- Develop entrepreneurship skills
- Build sound presentation and communication skills
Computer Engineering has excellent opportunities in different industries, including software, hardware, electronics, electrical and telecommunications sectors.
Computer Engineers are the most-sought experts to be employed in the industries where computer systems (both systems software and hardware) are manufactured. They possess the level of technical skills required to hold positions as System Analysts, Programmers, Product Managers, System Administrators, Database Administrators and Web Developers.
Lucrative opportunities for these graduates are open in the universities and research centers worldwide.
BE Computer Program Structure
- Engineering Math-1
- Elements and Devices of Computing technology Physics
- Engineering Drawing
- Communicative English
- Computer programming
- Workshop Technology
- Engineering Math-II
- Applied Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Object Oriented Programming
- Digital Logic
- Engineering Math-III
- Information System Design
- Electronic Devices & Circuit
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- Computer Organization and Design
- Database Management System
- Free and Open Source Programs
- Discrete Mathematics
- Communication System
- Applied Sociology
- Numerical Method
- Algorithm Analysis and Design
- Computer Graphics
- Operating System
- Research Methodology
- Project and Organization Management
- Theory of Computation
- Multimedia Technology
- Computer Network
- Probability and Statistics
- Engineering Economics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Simulation and Modeling
- Data mining and Data warehousing
- Engineering Professional Practice
- Advance Computer Architecture
- Elective II