Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a two-year (four semester), 66 Credits hours program, at Kantipur city college (KCC), develops within student a range of competencies in business and team communication model as they apply to software design and development, software development cycle and distributed or web-based application.
The KCC-MCA graduate holds business understanding and technical knowledge. They are well prepared to managerial positions in non/government offices, banks and information industries. They are able to provide to IT and consulting service to foremost corporations and abroad.
Key features of the MCA
The Plus-point the make your study your at KCC better then anywhere are:
• Industry Apprenticeship by working with IT industry and leading software houses. This renders competitive edge to you the job market.
• KCC events Delivers you a wealth of seminar and outstanding speakers form IT industry and INGOs. Here, you will have access to new connections, and a new outlook on career.
• Workshop are hosted on varied topics of e-governance,, network securities, software engineering, and research methodology. It brings together you with specialists from academia, and software.
• Guest Speaker’ series delivered by eminent people on varied subjects and topics.
• Master’s Projects at KCC involves you in a topic that results in the specification, design, and development of a significant software system with full documentation and presentation.
• Master’s Dissertation, substitute to master’s projects, involves you in a topic of substantive research and finds a satisfactory solution to a problem and produce a high standard of paper presentation.
• Field research at various sites of non-government organizations, bank, software house and industries.
• Seminars & Presentation are conducted on regular basis to build confidence among students to deliver their findings on topics.
Duration: Two-Year/ Four semester, and each semester taking about six months
Course weight: 66 Credits Hours
Day: From Monday to Saturday. Sunday is week-holiday
Time : Starts from evening 5:15 PM
Data mining and data warehousing, Remote Sensing, GIS, Network Management and Application, Data Visualization, Corporate Planning, Knowledge Management, and E-governance.
• Industry apprenticeship
• Laboratories practices
• Seminar & Presentation
• Guest Speaker’s Program
• Project & Research
Semester I 15 Credits
Discrete Mathematical Structure
Advanced Database Mgmt. System
Organization Behavior & HRM
Semester II 18 Credits
Design & Analysis of Algorithm
Accounting & Financial Management
Visual Programming Language
Semester III 18 Credits
Software Project Management
Semester IV 15 Credits
Eligibility for Admission
Minimum 45% of 2.0 CGPA in BCA, BIT, B.Sc. Computer Science, BIM, BBIS, or any IT related program or University-approved PGDCA.
Collect Admission Form from our Reception desk. Then, take a written test conducted by Purbanchal University.
Head Amount (NRs.)
Semester Fee 25000
Tuition Fee 24000
Total per semester 49000
College Enrollment (One Time) 20000
Ref. Deposit 5000
Student welfare 5000
*Note: The MCA Students don't have to pay their tuition fee in the fourth semester.
Besides, other fees are:
University Registration (On time) 750
Examination fee (Each Semester) 1600