- Students are expected to adhere to the usual norms i.e., punctuality, attendance, attire, honesty and integrity.
- The value at KCC has always been respect for nature, for Society, for one another, for self and for the campus.
- All students at KCC have access to: library, canteen, sports facilities, and other appropriate facilities.
- While KCC expects every student to be regular and get a 100% attendance, to be eligible for sent up and the University examination, a minimum of 80% attendance is required.
- Students are expected to meet all the required deadlines of assignments, projects, fee payments, applications forms etc.
- It is expected that all our students will live up to the ideals of Kantipur City College: Excellence in Academics, Leadership, Service and Friendship.
Basic roles and responsibilities of students
- Clarify personal values, abilities, interests, and goals.
- Make appointments with the concerned advisor (teacher, instructor, or any other resource person). If unable to keep the appointment, it is the student’s responsibility to notify the advisor.
- Be knowledgeable of program requirements, the regular class schedule, and bring appropriate resources or materials when meeting with an advisor.
- Become knowledgeable and adhere to institutional policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Students should be able to produce his/her identity card whenever asked inside the college premises. Students’ Identity card could be asked while entering the college gate by the guard or by any other college authority.
- Student who is absent for 6 days regularly without any application to the coordinator is automatically assumed to have withdrawn from the program and it would require written permission of principal to enter the classroom again.
- If students are absent for longer than 10 days continually without any information he/she needs to readmit to the college to further continue his studies in the college.
Student Code of conduct
- Students are not allowed to chew tobacco, drink alcoholic matters, smoke cigars or other such hazardous drinks or eatables. If found, this may lead to the suspension of the students from the college.
- Drug and alcohol use in the premises, theft, vandalism, and physical and /or extreme abuse of fellow students, staff Or faculty are grounds for dismissal.
- Students are not allowed to enter the classroom after the 10 minutes of commencement of any classes.
- Students are not allowed to collect any donations with any form strictly without any prior information or permission through college administration.
- KCC expects its students to conduct themselves as professionals and to display maturity in their conduct as they progress towards their goal of academic and career success.
- Serious deviation from acceptable mode of behavior will cause to student to be referred promptly to the disciplinary committee for review and may result in his/her dismissal from the college.
- Any violation of discipline would not be tolerated. The lecturers or any authority can report to the “discipline committee” for the further disciplinary actions.
Evaluation Criteria for internal marks
The internal evaluation criteria will be specified by the instructor and student must follow the evaluation process.
General Internal Evaluation Criteria
1 Class Assignment / Workshop / Presentation
2 Class Attendance
3 Mid Term
4 End Term
- There must be above 80% attendance on each of the subjects including Lab to be eligible to attend the end-term and university exam on that particular subject.
- Students must score above 60% of the full marks in each of the term exams to be eligible to appear the University Examinations.
- The re-evaluation is done on 80% of the original evaluation.
- All the assignments, term papers, project reports, lab reports should be submitted by the due date given by the subject teacher. Failure to do so would automatically loose the marks designated for that particular task.
- Students are instructed to cooperate with the college and university system otherwise they can be declared “NQ” (meaning not qualified to appear for final university board exam).
Rules for using lab resources
- Students are not allowed to carry their bags inside the lab.
- Students are responsible to produce their ID Card before they enter into the Lab.
- Students must produce their initial lab report before they enter into the lab to their lab instructor.
- Students are not allowed to take any lab-equipments outside the lab neither they are allowed to bring any other lab-equipments inside the lab without exclusive permission from lab-in-charge.
- Students are liable to pay the value of the lab-equipments if proved damaged by their intentional mishandling.
- Students are not allowed to exchange any lab-equipments inside the laboratory without prior permission of lab-in-charge or lab-assistant.
- Students are not allowed to chew tobacco, chewing gums, bring tea or any other eatables and drinkables except water inside the lab.
- Students are advised to fill up the lab booking slip one day prior to desired date.
- Students are expected to maintain silence and perfect discipline during lab hours and also expected to show humble and polite behavior to the lab-staffs.
- Any students found not following any of the above lab ethics could be directly suspended for that lab session or for the lab session of the whole semester by the lab-in-charge.
No college resources will be provided for students regarding printing, photocopy or telephone. Students are advised to use the services in subsidized rate through a stationary center inside the KCC premise.