Since its founding in 2003AD, MCA has established itself as a leading academic IT Program and continues to grow at a rapid pace in terms of skilled graduates, research, publications and recognition. The schools holds one of the largest bodies of graduate students in Nepal.
The MCA degree holders are not only comfortable with IT but also with the intricacies of business practices. With applied theories and hands-on computer skills, the graduate are capable to investigate the use, implementation and support of information systems to specific organizational domains.
Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a two-year (Four Semester), 66 Credits hours program. MCA develops a range of competencies in business and team communication model as they apply to software design and development, software development cycle and distributed or web-based application.
MCA graduates hold business understanding and technical knowledge to occupy managerial positions in non/governmental offices, banks and information industries. They are able to provide IT and consulting services to the foremost corporation at home and abroad. As a consultant, they enjoy freedom to learn and build skills on enterprise solutions and system configuration and expand their career-critical experiences.
Key features of the MCA
The Plus-point the make your study your at KCC better then anywhere are:
• Industry Apprenticeship by working with IT industry and leading software houses. This renders competitive edge to you the job market.
• KCC events Delivers you a wealth of seminar and outstanding speakers form IT industry and INGOs. Here, you will have access to new connections, and a new outlook on career.
• Workshop are hosted on varied topics of e-governance,, network securities, software engineering, and research methodology. It brings together you with specialists from academia, and software.
• Guest Speaker’ series delivered by eminent people on varied subjects and topics.
• Master’s Projects at KCC involves you in a topic that results in the specification, design, and development of a significant software system with full documentation and presentation.
• Master’s Dissertation, substitute to master’s projects, involves you in a topic of substantive research and finds a satisfactory solution to a problem and produce a high standard of paper presentation.
• Field research at various sites of non-government organizations, bank, software house and industries.
• Seminars & Presentation are conducted on regular basis to build confidence among students to deliver their findings on topics.
Faculty memebr MCA/PGDCA
- Prof. Dr. Subarna Shakya, IOE,TU
- Dr Manish Pokharel, KU
- Dr. Purushottom Kharel,KU
- Manoj Shakya, KU
- Dhiraj Shrestha, KU
- Sarbin Syami, TU
- Arjun Saud, TU
- Dhurba Subedi, TU
- Kishor Basnet, TU
- Sajeeb Shrestha,TU
- Ritu Raj Lamsal, TU
- Er. Rabi Shrestha, PU
- Raju Kattel, PU
- Ramesh Parajuli, PU
- Dhiraj Kedar Pandey, TU
- Rameshower Subedi, TU
- Kiran Khanal, PU
- Kiran Shrestha, PU
- Lilaram Sapkota, PU
- Sailendra Basnet, PU
- Ram Niraula, PU
- Ritu Basnet, PU
- Dinesh Basnet, PU
Duration: Two-Year/ Four semester, and each semester taking about six months
Course weight: 66 Credits Hours
From Monday to Saturday. Sunday is week holiday.
Time : Starts from 5:15 PM
Data mining and data warehousing, Remote Sensing, GIS, Network Management and Application, Data Visualization, Corporate Planning, Knowledge Management, and E-governance.
• Industry apprenticeship
• Laboratories practices
• Seminar & Presentation
• Guest Speaker’s Program
• Project & Research
Semester I (15 Credits)
Discrete Mathematical Structure
Advanced Database Mgmt. System
Organization Behavior & HRM
Semester II (18 Credits)
Accounting & Financial Management
Visual Programming Language
Semester III (18 Credits)
Software Project Management
Design & Analysis of Algorithm
Semester IV 16 Credits
The MCA program includes the plans of business and management, software development, computing and networking. The final semester involves students in series of seminars and industry-based project. The project is offered under the scrutiny of company and academic advisor.
Eligibility for Admission
Minimum 45% of 2.0 CGPA in BCA, BIT, B.Sc. Computer Science, BIM, BBIS, or any IT related program or University approved PGDCA.
Collect Admission Form from our Reception desk. Then, take a written test conducted by Purbanchal University.
MCA 2016 Fee Structure
|Admission Fee (One Time)||40000|
|Semester Fee||43,000 * 4 = 1,72,000/-|
Amount to be paid at the time of Admission
Admission Fee (One Time) : 40,000
Semester Fee : 43,000
Tuition Fee : 5,500
Other Fee (One Time)
Refundable Deposits : 5,000
Student Welfare : 5,000
PU Registration : 700
Total Amount : 99,200
|Details||Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
Note: This fee structure doesn’t include University semester fee and Registration Fee..
The Research Committee advice and approve the quality and standard of MCA dissertation and on major issue of research relevant to strategic plans and overarching policies.
- The committee is carrying out its roles is to:
- Monitor the development of the universities policy and plan in relation to research.
- Advice on the coordination of the university research effort
- Monitor the quality of the university research activities.
- Prof. Dr. Subarna Shakya (IOE, TU)
- Dr. Manish Pokhrel (Head, Computer Science and Engineering, KU)
- Lila Ram Sapkota (Open Source Software Engineer at United Mission To Nepal (UMN))
- Er. Rabi Shrestha (Principal, KCC)
- Raju Kattel (Head, IT, KCC)